Abuse & Adore

(^.^) All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kuala Muda, Who Knows What's Special There? PART 1

It was 1996, during my semester break.
I loved to ride on my motocycle, carrying my younger brother standard 4 at that time (now a member of Pasukan Gerakan Am Batalion 16 at Sabah) and my younger sister 6 years old at that time.

Originally we just ' masuk kampung keluar kampung', riding on motocycle without objectives.
I was not really familiar with my own area. Many more mysterious spot undiscovered my me.

It began when my motocycled entered Kampung Permatang Pasir, directed to Empangan Jajar (an old damp, now already vanished as a new one built to replace the old one as 'Projek Tembatan Banjir').



We crossed the Muda River using the damp's wall.
Only motorcyles and bicycles able to pass through on the damp's wall.
Crossing from Kedah's bank to Seberang Perai Penang's bank.

From Penang side, we followed the river's stream headed to the river's mouth
- known as Kuala Muda.

*** Blue highlight: Great place to collect cockles/clams during low tide , Green highlight: Kuala Muda Fishermen Docking Area, Pink Highlight:Kuala Muda (Kedah) Orange Highlight: Kuala Muda (Penang) , Between Green Spot & Orange Spot: Pusat Bisik Ikan Kuala Muda, Seberang Prai Utara, Red Highlight : Tsunami affetced areas of Kuala Muda***

It was 7.30 in the morning (year 1996) I saw many peoples , about hundred of them walking on the sea's floor. The tide was low. I wondered what was the activity, oho...

The blue highlight area, I quote from Wikimapia ,
" a great place to collect cockles or clam during low tide."
Yeah, it's true. I had collected the clams for 20kg rice bag size full during that time, my first arrival. The clams collecting activities either early morning between 7.00am - 11.00am or during evening side 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Air surut.

We boiled the clams and took away the flesh.
If you knew 'cucur udang' or 'shrimps fritters', we also can replace the shrimps with clam's flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment